Friday, September 19, 2008

Leaving Toyama...

12th September 2008
Last night I left Toyama and it was really hard! It hurt a lot to leave everyone behind but part of me is still thinking that I'm going on holiday and will be back again soon. I'm getting more excited now that I've left for my upcoming adventures and I'm glad I'm doing this before going home because I don't think I'd cope at all otherwise. I'm going to miss Toyama and Japan...this land of contradiction and kookiness but I'm looking forward to the future.

13th September 2008
Day two of our slow boat to China. After having a close call catching the boat we are on our way to China! (Getting travellers cheques at a JAPANESE bank 1 hour before check-in closes...not such a good idea. Running up the streets of kobe bare foot with a 25kg pack...not fun!)
So we've spent the majority of time on this boat sitting on deck, sleeping, reading, sleeping, trying to get to the restraunt for meals on time and...sleeping.(Sleeping is so easy on this boat when there is nothing to do and the rocking and vibrations lull you to sleep..."like being in the womb again!") We are in a dorm style room with 6 Japanese and Chinese ladies sleeping on the floor with brick like pillows. Entertainment has consisted of weird music, Lindzy's public display of leg waxing and noticing the differences between the 2nd class and 1st class bathrooms.
I'm still a little sad about leaving Japan but continue to look forward! So now we're settling into our final night on the boat before we arrive in Tianjin tomorrow afternoon!

No comments: